Skip to main content

Thinking

So! I've been thinking a lot lately. Not on purpose, I promise. ;) Here's a synopsis of what I've been thinking about.

Despair: If people can arrive at despair, can they not also be taught to hope? The love and joy and light and grace of Christ are more than enough to illuminate even the blackest darkness. But how to get it there? 

Acting on the promptings of the Spirit: I need to act on the Spirit and my intuition better. But how can one say, "No, let's not ____, because I don't feel good about it. ...No, I don't have a reason. I just don't think it's right." You say that, and the persistent proponent will use all his/her powers of persuasion on you, and get you so confused you can't even feel that "wrong" feeling anymore. WHAT IS THIS. 

Listening to the Music: Life has called on me lately to do some brave things. I remember a speaker one time talking about a car ride where your friend starts playing some inappropriate music, and he asked us what we would do in that situation. He told us that this generation couldn't afford to be a "just listen to the music" generation. I've never forgotten that, but I've never quite been able to get past the "listen to the music" in me.

Thoughts? Feelings? Questions? Comments? Concerns? Complaints? orrrrrr random noises or pictures of Chuck Norris (if you must)? Comment below. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...