Last night I had a horrible dream. Like, really horrible. It was towards morning that I had it, and it was set in real life (so I totally believed it). Like, if it had been real, it would have happened either today or within a few days of today, because I remember reflecting on how my upcoming family reunion would be different in light of the news.
Seriously, it was a horrible dream.
When I opened my eyes, my chest was tight and my breathing was shallow in the split-seconds before I realized that everything I had just experienced was just in my head. My muscles relaxed and I let cool air rush into my lungs as my heartbeat steadied and peace settled over me. Everything was okay. Nothing horrible had happened. I closed my eyes and slept soundly for another couple of hours.
I think that's what the Resurrection is going to be like. We're going to open our eyes and realize that ALL the pain we lived with in our mortal lives is a thing of the past. Air will rush into our lungs and a smile will spread across our face, and we will feel indescribable peace and joy.
I'm looking forward to that moment.
Comments
Post a Comment