Skip to main content

Three-In-One

Hey hey hey!

So you may or may not know what a redundant human being I can be sometimes. Some themes just keep playing so loudly and persistently in my inner ear, and my hope is that if I write it out, it will give me some peace. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

***

I'm so excited for the rest of my life!! I know it's going to be anything but ordinary. I also know it's going to be anything but easy. But I have decided it's going to be anything but meaningless. And I'm going to be anything but tame. The path I'm going to take is anything but certain, but I'm anything but petrified. I'm going to be anything but static. It'll all be anything but bland. Others may be satisfied with a surface life, but mine will be anything but shallow. I'm not afraid of depths, whether they're depths of joy or pain or love or sorrow. Bring on the adventure!

***

I'm so thankful for all the people that have made me who I am up until this point. And even though maybe I have a hard time communicating how much I care about people or how much I love them, and my words are vilely inadequate, and despite the fact that I'm struggling with showing affection even more than usual right now, I feel it at least as much as usual, if not more. In retrospect I can see so many reasons that the people I know have always been just what I needed. Yeah, I can't express it very well. I love humans. The end.

***

The more I do as the Lord says, the happier I get. And also, sometimes "fake it 'til you make it" becomes the theme with things like humility and charity, but then it actually works: you start to notice an actual change in desires, not just behavior. You start doing it automatically. It's great.
The Lord looks out for His children. It's incredible. The more familiar you become with His dealings with His other children (reading the scriptures), the more apparent it becomes that He is *very* involved in your own life. And that is awesome. You just feel so unafraid. You realize that you are in a safe place, very much like the figurative hollow of His hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...