Loneliness is a funny thing. I don't know how it works for you, but for me, it has very little to do with the people I am with or the life I am living.
Sometimes I am rushing here and there, going to classes and dances and spending time with my friends, and still it appears.
Sometimes I am in a favorite place among favorite people, and I take a moment just to watch them, and I feel the alone inside of me, quietly reminding me that it is still there, despite all the happiness I am surrounded with.
Sometimes it comes when I spend too much time alone and the dark side claws its way out.
Sometimes I'm in over my head and I realize that under all this stress and hectic life, the loneliness is still there.
Sitting quietly in the corner. Watching me, as I watch others when I feel it.
Sometimes the loneliness comes when one would least expect it, like right after I do service, it washes over me with the fulfillment. Times like those, and a few other times, I welcome it, recognizing it as a real part of myself, enjoying its taste for no other reason than that it is familiar. It's a part of me.
It comes from feeling "other."
I don't much enjoy being lonely. And there aren't very many people on the face of this earth that can make me feel unlonely. Usually, when I start to get lonely, it has to do with not being able to connect on that level with them. They get busy, and so do I, and I sometimes don't get to talk to them as often as I would like.
Those people are special. They help me remember that I'm not an island on my own: I am a human, just like they are.
Sometimes I am rushing here and there, going to classes and dances and spending time with my friends, and still it appears.
Sometimes I am in a favorite place among favorite people, and I take a moment just to watch them, and I feel the alone inside of me, quietly reminding me that it is still there, despite all the happiness I am surrounded with.
Sometimes it comes when I spend too much time alone and the dark side claws its way out.
Sometimes I'm in over my head and I realize that under all this stress and hectic life, the loneliness is still there.
Sitting quietly in the corner. Watching me, as I watch others when I feel it.
Sometimes the loneliness comes when one would least expect it, like right after I do service, it washes over me with the fulfillment. Times like those, and a few other times, I welcome it, recognizing it as a real part of myself, enjoying its taste for no other reason than that it is familiar. It's a part of me.
It comes from feeling "other."
I don't much enjoy being lonely. And there aren't very many people on the face of this earth that can make me feel unlonely. Usually, when I start to get lonely, it has to do with not being able to connect on that level with them. They get busy, and so do I, and I sometimes don't get to talk to them as often as I would like.
Those people are special. They help me remember that I'm not an island on my own: I am a human, just like they are.
Comments
Post a Comment