I looked in the mirror yesterday and I didn't see Catherine.
I saw Sister Patterson, a bright, happy sister missionary, who loves people and the Gospel and stuff, and who glows with the happiness that comes from devoting one's life to the Lord. I saw a young woman who was trying to improve herself and become a better servant of the Lord, who came out on top when there were struggles and stuff, and was a successful missionary--in the sense that she was obedient, diligent, and doing her best, not necessarily that she had good numbers because numbers aren't the real measure of success. I saw someone who could build relationships and communicate what was important to her, and be outgoing and positive all the time, in the strength of the Savior.
And then I looked again and I saw Catherine. And she was more than terrified. What's going to have to happen for that girl, Sister Patterson, to come into existence? Like I said, completely new self.
I saw Sister Patterson, a bright, happy sister missionary, who loves people and the Gospel and stuff, and who glows with the happiness that comes from devoting one's life to the Lord. I saw a young woman who was trying to improve herself and become a better servant of the Lord, who came out on top when there were struggles and stuff, and was a successful missionary--in the sense that she was obedient, diligent, and doing her best, not necessarily that she had good numbers because numbers aren't the real measure of success. I saw someone who could build relationships and communicate what was important to her, and be outgoing and positive all the time, in the strength of the Savior.
And then I looked again and I saw Catherine. And she was more than terrified. What's going to have to happen for that girl, Sister Patterson, to come into existence? Like I said, completely new self.
Comments
Post a Comment