Can I just take a moment to express my deep appreciation and gratitude for this incredible woman?
She's pretty much my woman crush Wednesday lady for the rest of forever. (I know it's Sunday. Shh.)
This is Brene Brown. She's a shame researcher. She has dedicated her life to figuring out the difficult emotions humans experience. If for nothing else, she would deserve a shout-out for that.
But in the process of learning about humans in pain, she sort of stumbled upon ways people live well in the midst of pain. And she learned more about it. And she shared what she learned with the world.
I cannot describe to you the way her research has changed my life.
Watch her speak here or here. Read her books, The Gifts of Imperfection and Daring Greatly.
The things she says will peer uncomfortably into the depths of your soul, occasionally tear you up, sometimes slap you around, occasionally whack you on the head with a 2x4. If you can survive all that, it will transform your life. Trust me. You need it in your life. If you want to be authentic, be self-compassionate, be resilient, have joy, trust intuition, live creatively, learn to play and to rest, embrace stillness, work meaningfully, and free yourself to laugh, sing, and dance, and overall live with your whole being...
You need this.
She's pretty much my woman crush Wednesday lady for the rest of forever. (I know it's Sunday. Shh.)
This is Brene Brown. She's a shame researcher. She has dedicated her life to figuring out the difficult emotions humans experience. If for nothing else, she would deserve a shout-out for that.
But in the process of learning about humans in pain, she sort of stumbled upon ways people live well in the midst of pain. And she learned more about it. And she shared what she learned with the world.
I cannot describe to you the way her research has changed my life.
Watch her speak here or here. Read her books, The Gifts of Imperfection and Daring Greatly.
The things she says will peer uncomfortably into the depths of your soul, occasionally tear you up, sometimes slap you around, occasionally whack you on the head with a 2x4. If you can survive all that, it will transform your life. Trust me. You need it in your life. If you want to be authentic, be self-compassionate, be resilient, have joy, trust intuition, live creatively, learn to play and to rest, embrace stillness, work meaningfully, and free yourself to laugh, sing, and dance, and overall live with your whole being...
You need this.
I'm looking for a new book to read because I just finished two others (check out Mark of a Giant by Ted Stewart--it's fantastic!) and this came just in time. I could use someone to slap me around and make me uncomfortable enough to get out of my comfort zone and grow. :)
ReplyDelete