my soul is having a hippie day, wanting to flee like the wise wild geese that fly to warm places for the winter, but in a moment of truth my heart whispers, "what you're about to do is far better than being a hippie, or anything else you could ever do just for yourself." I can think of nothing I'd truly rather do than spend a year and a half simply in the service of God, living in His love and beauty and joy.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...
Comments
Post a Comment