Skip to main content

For real

The priesthood is for real. So is the fact that the Lord knows you better than anybody else does, and He hears your thoughts and knows exactly what to say. He is a God of unbelievable goodness and love. You know that feeling you get when you wrong someone and you have that sick feeling in your stomach because you think they must hate you now, but when they see you, they just hug you and tell you, with the greatest tender honesty, that they could never love you less... that's what it feels like. If it were anyone else, it would be scary how well He knows me. But as it is, I know He knows every facet of my personality, every irregularity and flaw and quirk and contour of my soul. And He loves me so deeply it takes my breath away. I spend a fair majority of my time making mistakes and accidentally or purposefully turning on Him. But because of who He is, He still loves me. He has the ultimate open, tender heart. It doesn't matter how many times I hurt Him, He forgives me. Seventy times seven. He remembers them no more. He sees how far I fall short, but He tells me I am better than I realize. He sees how many times I fail, but He tells me I'm doing great, and I am meant to succeed. I am so unstable and quick to do evil compared to what I should be, but He says I am His daughter, and I am strong and righteous, and God Cannot Lie. It's beyond comprehension. I say, I am weak. He says, I am strong, and my grace is sufficient for you. I say, I have fallen short. He says, I took care of that, and you repented: you are clean. I say, I am afraid. He says, I will be with you.

He is a God who knows all the underlying questions, beneath the tears, pushing them to the surface. He is a God who knows how to answer them for His little lost, scared daughter. He is a God who knows exactly what to say. He is a God who cannot lie. He is a God who wants me back, and He wants you back, and He wants everyone back because He is a God of unfathomable love. He is a God of mercy and of second chances and a God of helping, encouraging, and motivating you to be your best. He is a God of giving you what you deserve when you obey Him. He is a God of never-ending good things. He is the reason for every good thing, including the daisies that bloom in the summer, the geese in the azure sky overhead in the fall, every perfect, minuscule snowflake in the winter, and every green thing poking through the soil in the spring. And He is for real. Truly.





Comments

  1. I super love this post. Thank you, darling. I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you super love this post. I super love it too. And I super love God. And I super love you. I'm glad it helped you. <33333 I adore you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...