Skip to main content

Spring Fever

Oh hey there, thirst for adventure. I see we meet again.

Guys, I have the worst spring fever ever. It's awful. Every spring this happens, and this spring, it's worse than I can ever recall it having been. No matter what I'm doing, it's constantly in a state of whispering (or shouting... depending on what I'm doing) in the back of my mind:

"ADVENTURE!!! Get me out of here! Put me on a horse, or a dirt bike, or a raft, or in a canoe or kayak. Take me to the ocean! Take me to a rock wall or a river with plenty of rapids. Give me a parachute and drop me out of a plane. Tie me to a zip line. Let me fly, or float, or climb, or swim, or something! Get me parasailing or jet skiing, or something that puts me out in nature with the wind in my hair. Even something outside without a rush of any kind would be more welcome than just.... being... in this house... with plenty to do, but not enough of what I want to do. I'd rather be backpacking. Or fishing. Or ascending (even though that's hard beyond regular human capacity... *eye roll*). The weather is so downright beautiful, I don't want to live in a house ever again until it gets cold. I want to jump in a lake or swim in the ocean or lay in the sand or hang from a tree branch. I want to lay in the dirt and look up at the stars. I wouldn't even be opposed to being rained on for a while. But this world is so big and beautiful, there's so much to see and hear and feel and smell and taste, how long can I bear to be in this house, this neighborhood? Get me out of here! Send me on an ADVENTURE!!"

On a semi-related note, what do you think the purpose of summer vacation is? I'm legitimately curious. It seems like more people would use summer as an opportunity to let out their adventurous side, but more often, people ...don't. 

Anyways.

Who's game for going adventuring with me this summer? More than half the time, we'd be sleeping outside, with or without a tent; we would do crazy things on a daily basis; we'd see some amazing sights and meet some incredible people; and we'd have our fill of adventure before the fall. What do you say?

^That will happen. ...in my dreams. But hey, at least I can dream... (:


http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/736x/9c/2a/fc/9c2afcbafbcf476d08b54316c09cd1f2.jpg 
(Yes. Please.)

Comments

  1. Chip! I love you. You put into words EXACTLY how I feel! Let's go adventurin' xD
    I love this post. The end.
    <3 Wes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pahaha, thanks Wes!
      And yes. LET'S DO IT!! :D I'll bring nutella...

      Delete
  2. Me is coming with me llama! :D Well, that is, if you're adventuring in the big city ;) I could use an adventure in a shopping mall...and yes, I'm sure they'd let me bring meh llama in said shopping mall. :D :D :D Anywho....Wes doesn't like Nutella...but that's okay, cause that means more for me and you and llama!

    Summer Vacation: The time when you either 1) get to be lazy and turn into a living human blimp or 2) really jump with two feet into something AWESOME.

    3 months where YOU really get to have charge of your life whether you want to work, play, party or all of the above.

    Your choice.

    Also, this article was interesting: http://www.psmag.com/education/why-do-we-still-have-summer-vacation-58994/

    So.. *shrugs* I don't have a really solid answer... but it's interesting to think about. And since I DO have these 3 months, Imma do something AWESOME with them. Oh wait, I already am. :D Me is visiting you!!!

    This reply already got way longer than it should be. I hope you're not bawling your eyes out in boredom right now. ;)

    <3 Simm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also...every time I get on your blog..I can never resist the urge to feed the fish.... seriously...sometimes I spend 10 minutes playing with them. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wes doesn't like Nutella?! What is this witchcraft? :-o ;)
      Hmm. Interesting concept. Usually people use this time to turn into a human blimp, and I'm not sure if that's the best course of action. :P haha! As for jumping with two feet into something awesome... why don't we do more of that? In all honesty?
      My mom told me yesterday that 'way back in the day, well-to-do families would have a retreat somewhere, like the beach. The day school let out, Mom and kids would go stay at their summer house. The kids would spend the summer tramping around the woods or paddling in the water or whatever else there was to do around there. Why...do we not do stuff like this anymore? :S
      I like your definition though. :D
      That is a very interesting article. Hmm.
      YAY!!!! *Much joy that Simmy is visiting me every time I think about this*

      As a semi-related note, I think these two have it right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiI0HH3ye6Y ;)

      Ohh, thanks for feeding my fish. (; 'Tis appreciated. ;D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...