Many of my friends post casual posts about cool things that happened or that they found over the week. I don't usually do that, because I assume if you want to know cool things that happened to me or that I found, you can just talk to me.
But I'm going to do it this week. Muahaha. [Read: I'm about to ramble about nothing at you.]
I'm not going to lie to you, I was pretty sad on Saturday and Sunday morning. Missing people, mainly. Having friends that live a long ways away can be incredibly hard on a person emotionally. And I was sorely feeling their absence this weekend.
But then I went to church. :) And that made everything so much better. While I was sitting there, feeling sad because I missed many of my friends, the thought came to me, I know you wish you were somewhere else right now, but you're where you are for a reason. You were placed here; you have a purpose here. (And yes, I regularly speak to myself in the third person.) That was a total paradigm shift for me. I had known it before, but I had been ignoring it, because I was too busy being sad and wishing for something I couldn't have. Partly as a result of this experience, my goal for this week is to be happy, even if things aren't ideal. I'm gonna bloom where I'm planted. :)
After church, I took my scriptures and journal into the spare room and had some solo time. For real. It was amazing. I love solo time. It wouldn't be a bad idea for me to do solo time every Sunday from now until I leave home. It's a great opportunity for helping me center myself and reconnect with myself and with God.
Today, I am happy. And I'm listening to this song, because it's pretty much the most amazing song in the universe:
I also started work on my reading list, which is enormously long. I finished two books from Ranger's Apprentice last week (and I have to go out to the library to get the other ones...lamesauce); I also started Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The World is Flat, and The Coming Aristocracy. (I'm in the middle of a million other books, but we won't talk about that...:P) So far, Hitchhiker's Guide has been a fabulous conglomeration of randomness, and The World is Flat and The Coming Aristocracy have been amazing.
Speaking of books, I rearranged my bookshelf for the second or third time within the last couple weeks this morning. I realized that I was growing up, because most of my more recent favorite books aren't the ones with the bright bindings. They have dark bindings, like adult books. :P Also, with the rearranging of my bookshelf, I put in a place to be a home for my aforementioned reading list.
Other randomness includes the fact that I heard a British person imitating an American accent for the first time this week! I don't know about you, but I thought that was hilarious. XD "Squrrl?" (Maybe the best part of this video is the people laughing at him in the background. I didn't know I sounded that funny. ;)
Also, my dear father bought me a green skillet. :D
Besides that, I would just like to say that for some strange reason, making crazy plans that will never come to pass with my friends makes me happy. :) When I finish my reading list, I'll be going to California on my llama to visit the libraries there. On my way back home, I'm going dancing with a friend in Kentucky... Fun times. (;
Have an awesome week, everyone! :D
But I'm going to do it this week. Muahaha. [Read: I'm about to ramble about nothing at you.]
I'm not going to lie to you, I was pretty sad on Saturday and Sunday morning. Missing people, mainly. Having friends that live a long ways away can be incredibly hard on a person emotionally. And I was sorely feeling their absence this weekend.
But then I went to church. :) And that made everything so much better. While I was sitting there, feeling sad because I missed many of my friends, the thought came to me, I know you wish you were somewhere else right now, but you're where you are for a reason. You were placed here; you have a purpose here. (And yes, I regularly speak to myself in the third person.) That was a total paradigm shift for me. I had known it before, but I had been ignoring it, because I was too busy being sad and wishing for something I couldn't have. Partly as a result of this experience, my goal for this week is to be happy, even if things aren't ideal. I'm gonna bloom where I'm planted. :)
After church, I took my scriptures and journal into the spare room and had some solo time. For real. It was amazing. I love solo time. It wouldn't be a bad idea for me to do solo time every Sunday from now until I leave home. It's a great opportunity for helping me center myself and reconnect with myself and with God.
Today, I am happy. And I'm listening to this song, because it's pretty much the most amazing song in the universe:
I also started work on my reading list, which is enormously long. I finished two books from Ranger's Apprentice last week (and I have to go out to the library to get the other ones...lamesauce); I also started Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The World is Flat, and The Coming Aristocracy. (I'm in the middle of a million other books, but we won't talk about that...:P) So far, Hitchhiker's Guide has been a fabulous conglomeration of randomness, and The World is Flat and The Coming Aristocracy have been amazing.
Speaking of books, I rearranged my bookshelf for the second or third time within the last couple weeks this morning. I realized that I was growing up, because most of my more recent favorite books aren't the ones with the bright bindings. They have dark bindings, like adult books. :P Also, with the rearranging of my bookshelf, I put in a place to be a home for my aforementioned reading list.
Other randomness includes the fact that I heard a British person imitating an American accent for the first time this week! I don't know about you, but I thought that was hilarious. XD "Squrrl?" (Maybe the best part of this video is the people laughing at him in the background. I didn't know I sounded that funny. ;)
Also, my dear father bought me a green skillet. :D
Besides that, I would just like to say that for some strange reason, making crazy plans that will never come to pass with my friends makes me happy. :) When I finish my reading list, I'll be going to California on my llama to visit the libraries there. On my way back home, I'm going dancing with a friend in Kentucky... Fun times. (;
Have an awesome week, everyone! :D
Comments
Post a Comment