Skip to main content

A Tribute

They are some of the funniest people I know. They can make you laugh so hard that your gut is sore the next day. But they would rather cry with you than make you force a smile when you would rather frown.

Enormously talented, all of them, most will modestly try to convince you that they are a hobo off the street without any talent or potential in life. (Some may attempt to make this more convincing by riding around in shopping carts.)

They would rather talk about llamas than anything else, except when they want to talk about the destiny of the universe, the worth of a human soul, or how to save the world. 

They come in a rainbow of personalities, from the shy person nobody notices to the crazy, bouncing-off-the-walls person EVERYONE notices. They can be extremely touchy-feely or insist they have a heart of stone; they can be deep thinkers who regularly look beyond the apparent, or they can be fun, spontaneous people who would love nothing better than to whack you with a flyswatter. Some are a little of both.

Some like to scheme and make strategies for taking over the world. Some like to flirt; others would rather die. Some like to go adventuring in the great outdoors; others would rather adventure in a great...shopping mall.

Gentlemen, rascals, ladies, cowboys, city girls, dancers, drama kids, amateur writers, scholars, Batmen, self-confessed chocolate haters... the list goes on.

Sometimes I feel like Thorin. I look around at my band of friends and think, I would take any one of my crazy friends over an army of "regular" people. "Loyalty, courage, honor, a willing heart; I can ask no more than that." These are the people I want there for me as I face the world--and that I want to be there for as they do the same. They aren't perfect, it's true. But they are trying, just like me. That's one of the coolest things. It's that, no matter how many times they fall, no matter how many times they fail themselves or the people around them, they get back up. 

An expression of gratitude was long due. :) My friends, thank you for being who you are. I love you all! :D

Comments

  1. CHOCOCHIP......You finally posted this! I LOVE this.... muchly. Soooo much. And I'm glad I have you, my furry little rodent, as one of my bestest friends ever. :D May Llamont always be with you and I'll see you in two weeks! *gasp*

    And noooo...I didn't read this like a hundred times with a grin on my face. ;)

    Simmy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! It wasn't coming together right for a while there, but I think it eventually held together in some kind of cohesion. :3 And I'm glad you, my favorite Head Waffle Chef, are one of *my* bestest friends ever. :D
      YES!! YES YES YES! So excited! :D We's gonna party it up. :D

      No? ;)

      ~ChocoChip

      Delete
  2. I love you Chip! This means a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...