I fall in love with most of the people I meet. Not in a romantic way or anything, I just start to notice their idiosyncrasies and the dorky faces they make while they laugh and that's what I fall in love with. I fall in love with what people are shy about and the funny little quirks in the way they speak. I fall in love with their little unguarded moments and the pieces of colorful, luminous soul that shines through the armor they have built for themselves. I fall in love with people's passions and the way that they choose to manifest them. I fall in love with the raw soul in any and every person that I meet--the more I see, the more I fall. The sweet, the hard, the sad, the hurting, the sensible, the noble and the proud, the benevolent and the kind: every soul is a mixture of these and each soul has different amounts and different kinds of each, and that's what makes people worth knowing. And falling for.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSilly google. It told me I had posted my first comment twice so I deleted one of them. Apparently the other one wasn't real. ;)
ReplyDeleteHey Chip. I love you a lot. You have good thoughts. Keep on thinking. ^_^
No worries there, Dallin. xD I don't think I could stop if I tried. ;)
DeleteLove you my friend!!