I like holding people's hands. I wish that wasn't weird.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...
I'll hold your hand, Chip! :D And we can skip through a meadow too, if you'd like to. :D And climb trees, and play in the stream, and throw mud at each other. And we can catch bugs and put them in jars. And lay on the trampoline and count the stars. That'd be cool too. :D
ReplyDeleteDear Dallin,
Deletethere is no way for me to communicate to you just exactly how down I am for that. Let's, please.
<3/Chip
oh girl. we're in the same boat entirely. and as our dear friend Julia put it, "we're a hug deficient people." yes. this is an epidemic.
DeleteThat is such a Julia thing.
DeleteI have an idea. Let's us three go find a meadow somewhere warm and sunny and make daisy crowns and watch the sunset and stargaze and stuff, with our arms around each others' shoulders. Sound like a plan?