By the way, I've been getting much better.
Found this quote today:
I suppose no one is as handsome or as beautiful as he or she wishes, or as brilliant in school or as witty in speech or as wealthy as we would like, but in a world of varied talents and fortunes that we can’t always command, I think that makes even more attractive the qualities we can command—such qualities as thoughtfulness, patience, a kind word, and true delight in the accomplishment of another. These cost us nothing, and they can mean everything to the one who receives them.
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
and I realized: all the time that I spend belittling myself and feeling bad because of the things that I'm not, is valuable time that could be spent cultivating the things that I am. I must never forget this again.
Found this quote today:
I suppose no one is as handsome or as beautiful as he or she wishes, or as brilliant in school or as witty in speech or as wealthy as we would like, but in a world of varied talents and fortunes that we can’t always command, I think that makes even more attractive the qualities we can command—such qualities as thoughtfulness, patience, a kind word, and true delight in the accomplishment of another. These cost us nothing, and they can mean everything to the one who receives them.
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
and I realized: all the time that I spend belittling myself and feeling bad because of the things that I'm not, is valuable time that could be spent cultivating the things that I am. I must never forget this again.
Ohmygoodness!! This is my new favorite thing.
ReplyDeleteYour face is my new favorite thing.
Delete