"In ancient Roman religion and law, the sacramentum was an oath or vow that rendered the swearer sacer, "given to the gods".... A sacramentum establishes a direct relation between the person swearing... and the gods." (From Wikipedia; read the full article here.)
The prayer of my soul is that my Lord will sear my covenants onto my heart so that I can never, ever forget them. No pain I can endure in that process is too great. If I keep my covenants, I will be with Him again. And that's what it's all about. That's why I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
To Him I owe my highest allegiance. From His side I must never depart. My prayer is that as I cling to Him in life, tenaciously as I can, He will transform me into someone worthy to stand before Him at my judgment day and look Him in the eye knowing and loving Him as my Savior.
The prayer of my soul is that my Lord will sear my covenants onto my heart so that I can never, ever forget them. No pain I can endure in that process is too great. If I keep my covenants, I will be with Him again. And that's what it's all about. That's why I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
To Him I owe my highest allegiance. From His side I must never depart. My prayer is that as I cling to Him in life, tenaciously as I can, He will transform me into someone worthy to stand before Him at my judgment day and look Him in the eye knowing and loving Him as my Savior.
"O to grace how great a debtor,
Daily, I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wand'ring heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it!
Prone to leave the God I love!
Here's my heart; O take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above."
![]() |
| (Source) |

Comments
Post a Comment