Skip to main content

Mitty

A couple things, relating to the movie The Secret Life of Walter Mitty--if you haven't seen that movie, GO WATCH IT. It's beautiful to watch. Gahh. It will make you feel good. Promise. (Unless you're Kyle, in which case... go. flyyyy away on your witch's broom ;)

First. This quote.

"Beautiful things don't ask for attention."

Bam. This quote hit me like a ton of cinderblocks and hasn't left my mind for a waking minute since I heard it. Beautiful things don't ask for attention. Beautiful things require stillness in order to be noticed. Beautiful things are modest and won't push themselves in your face. That goes for everything from beautiful girls to beautiful nature to beautiful moments. Take time to be still and notice the beauty that deserves your attention. Because it's worth it--truly beautiful things take your breath away. Nothing else comes close.

Second. This.

Nods to Josh E. for providing the photo :)
I WANT TO SCREAM THIS OUT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. Seriously.
No, it's not exactly *from* Walter Mitty, but it immediately reminded me of that. 
The hard thing (as I've mentioned before) is that that's what life demands--money. Our souls long for adventure but our tummies long for food and one of those desires is going to win in the end and it will probably be the one that results in us being alive--at least in body.

Second and a half that I just thought of. This quote.
"The average man dies at age 25 but isn't buried until age 75." 
Don't be that man. Ok.

There HAS to be a way, friends! There's got to! 

Don't daydream anymore! Do! Go--do something brave every day. Get out of that comfort zone. You don't have to fight a shark or hike the Himalayas to live a fulfilled life. (although hey, a Himalayas hike doesn't sound half bad--anyone in?)

So I don't have a really good conclusion... sorry. Just... go watch Walter Mitty. (This is what happens when I get distracted, and then it gets late xD)

That is all. Peace, chilluns.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...