Skip to main content

Enough

My subconscious mind legitimately does not believe that I am enough.

Enough anything.

I let it all spill out earlier: 

"Sometimes I feel like I'm doing something wrong. When I look around... why am I not _______?
I'm not pretty enough, not flirty enough, not outgoing enough. I'm too deep. Too serious about life. Too uptight. I slack off too much. I'm not present enough. I don't take care of myself like I should. I don't take care of others like I should.
Know what's scary and sad? I legitimately believe every negative message I just wrote down. STRAIGHT from my subconscious/heart. What is life doing to me? 

I AM ENOUGH."

Today I learned from one of my favorite books ever, The Gifts of Imperfection, that in order to cultivate a truly joyful lifestyle, in order to be truly happy and feel fulfilled in this life, we have to let go of the mindset of scarcity, which includes the "never enough" gremlins. We have to let go of our atelophobia. The truth is, you ARE enough, and you just have to believe it. 

I am enough.
I am pretty enough and smart enough and hardworking enough. It's OK that I'm an introvert and I don't have a bajillion friends. It's OK that I don't flirt all the time. It's OK for me to do things at my own pace. It's OK that I'm a deep thinker and that I'm serious sometimes. It's OK. It's OK. It's OK.




 

Comments

  1. I have this problem as well.....never thinking I'm enough. This has helped me see, thanks for opening yourself up and posting this. It was needed. BTW, I think you're FREAKING AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw an email in my inbox that's like, "CaRynn commented on your post Enough" and I was like, "OH SNAP I ACTUALLY POSTED THAT SUPER VULNERABLE THING LAST NIGHT WHEN I WAS FEELING MORE THAN I WAS THINKING OHHHHH SNAP I NEED TO TAKE THAT DOWN."

      But I'm glad it helped you.
      Thank you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...