Skip to main content

17

This is going to be a good year. 

So I decided I'm going to live my dreams for real. I changed schools. I changed majors. I moved. I'm doing things differently than I ever planned or than anybody ever planned for me, because I feel good about it and I know it's God's plan for me, and I'm so happy about it, while being terrified at the same time because this is my first time doing anything like this. 

Today marks 5 months since I've been back from mission! It's been a crazy 5 months, and I've learned so much, and I've grown so much. I've met some incredible people and had some wonderful experiences and some painful experiences and I've learned from everything that's come my way. Mostly I'm just grateful to be able to live such a beautiful life. 

My view of the world has been shifting lately. I've realized that the right path for me is to take a career path that I like in order to do what I love with my life. I'm really excited about it. 

I don't know what this year is going to bring. Over the break my sister pointed out to me that we could both get married this year... -_- what the heck haha. Well, I don't know what this year has in store for me, and right now it's hard to think about--everything is so overwhelming. But I'm excited for the new opportunities, learning, relationships, experiences, setbacks, and exciting times that I will have this year. I know it will all move me closer to the ultimate goal. 
I love living my dreams. :)

Bring on the new year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...