Skip to main content

Lucky.

Guys, I am so so so so so so so so so lucky.

Let me just talk about my mommy. My mommy > your mommy. Actually, just kidding 'cause I can't prove that, but you get the point. She's pretty much the greatest and I love her. 

So, growing up, my mom was never my greatest confidant; we're very different people and that just wasn't how it worked for me, you know? But I always knew that when it was really important, she would ALWAYS know how to help me. And guys, that still holds true. Some crazy unprecedented things are happening to me in my life right now (let's not talk about that right now), things that peers don't really know how to advise me on.

So today I called up my momma and told her what was going down. Not only did she listen to me, she didn't just give me straight-up advice. She had me think through it with her. And then she gave me advice. Like, sound advice. Really good advice. And, like, advice that I can actually follow comfortably. And advice that I feel really, really at peace about. Advice that I feel is right.

My mom is level and sensible and organized and loving. She doesn't get angry and upset very easily, she taught me well and she really loves her children and wants us to succeed. 

Basically, I have the best mom ever. I'm so lucky.

Also, I went to church today. And I got to take the Sacrament. And we sang Press Forward, Saints at the end, and I started sobbing tears of joy every time we sang "alleluia!" just because I love Jesus so much. And He is so good to me. Because no matter what happens to me or what I choose to do in the hurricane-force winds between Sunday at 1:30 and Sunday at 1:30, every time I arrive full-circle at the doors of the church, a little broken, praying for forgiveness, He gives it to me without a second thought. 

I love my Savior. I'm so lucky.

In the end, I suppose you've noticed that it's not really luck. Who could come by blessings like this by luck? I don't think it's possible.

Guys, I'm not lucky at all. Frankly, I'm pretty sure luck is a lie. I am just blessed. I am never not blessed. From day one, my Savior has never for a moment stopped blessing me, and I love Him.

And in the end, life is beautiful, God is good and I am blessed. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...