Sometimes all it takes to spice life up a little is to let yourself be surprised.
Last night as I left the mall after work to walk out to my car, I happened to look up. I live in the city, so I couldn't see any stars, but the sky--so fathomless and sooty-black--surprised me with its sheer enormity and depth. How long had it been since I looked up at the night sky and, even though I couldn't see the stars, thought about the endless eternities that I was gazing into? Far too long.
Every direction I turn, there's some little thing to look at with new eyes. That's where the joy comes from.
Last night as I left the mall after work to walk out to my car, I happened to look up. I live in the city, so I couldn't see any stars, but the sky--so fathomless and sooty-black--surprised me with its sheer enormity and depth. How long had it been since I looked up at the night sky and, even though I couldn't see the stars, thought about the endless eternities that I was gazing into? Far too long.
Every direction I turn, there's some little thing to look at with new eyes. That's where the joy comes from.
Comments
Post a Comment