Skip to main content

Radiance

IamsoexcitedaboutthisIcanhardlystanditandIthinkI'mgoingtoexplode.

People often talk about how great and amazing it was and is that Jesus Christ consented to leave His glorious home Above, where everything was perfect, and come to earth and become a vulnerable, ordinary-looking little baby, susceptible to all the normal things that little babies are susceptible to, and grow up and go through life just like a regular mortal. Rightly so: it was a really, really amazing thing He did. (That's my lame attempt at describing the awe-inspiringness of it all.) 

But have you ever thought about yourself? If not, do so now: before we came here, we were warriors of light. Luminous. Radiant. Vivid. Glowing with the brilliance of our purity, our innocence, and our Savior's power, we fought in Jesus' army against evil. It sounds so cliche, but in actuality, it was the real deal. It was the original. We were strong, we were valiant and steadfast. We were fiercely awesome.

...And we, too, consented to come down to little baby bodies and forget who we are.

That kind of lends a new meaning to how important our lives are to us (even though we don't remember). We, those incredible, beautiful, radiant warriors of God agreed to become vulnerable babies because something was so important we couldn't do without it. I mean, can you think of ANYTHING that's so important you would sacrifice your very identity, even temporarily, to have it? I can't; but that's how important this life was to us. 

We're so much more amazing than we have any idea that we are. And this life is so much more important than we can possibly comprehend. Don't take it for granted. Ever. It's beautiful and lovely and you only have one of it to do your best to do things right. Then you get to remember your days as a warrior of light again--you'll have your identity back. And I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to that day. But I want to live up to my reputation, as much as I can.
 
So go forth, lovely warriors in disguise! You've done hard things before, and you can do them again. Your potential is so much more enormous than you can possibly imagine. You may feel ordinary, but there's a shining spirit inside of you that, deep inside, wants that purity and power and loveliness back, and if you strengthen that spirit, you WILL walk in the light. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...