I wish you lived closer. I want to spend hours with you, sitting on the fence outside, shoulder to shoulder, our backs towards the house and our faces towards the fields and hills and mountains, talking about everything and nothing, laughing sometimes, sighing sometimes, and thinking and feeling together. Why don't you live closer?
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

**sniffle**
ReplyDeleteI remember you chatting me with this...... <3 <3 <3 <3 Hey, come January 2, you'll love a whole heckuva ton closer than PA. :D :D :D <-- Reason for celebration.
TRUTH. :D Can I get a hallelujah? ;)
DeleteMerher..... *that awkward moment when you realize you typed in "love" instead of "live"*
DeleteHaha...hey...you'll "love" a whole ton closer too, I guess. ;) *tries to dig self out of a typo hole*
I didn't even see that... until you pointed it out.... merher. ;)
DeleteAlso, I'm not Nando. I'll let it slide. ;)