Skip to main content

Social Questions/Issues that are On My Mind

Hey everyone!


I've had a lot of interesting, complicated, heavy and cool things on my mind lately. Here's a short synopsis in case you want to think about them to, and/or have detailed, in-depth discussions of them with me.

 - #MeToo/#TimesUp, Feminism, and the danger of a male witch hunt/male irrelevancy

 - True male/female equality and what that means for men's rights and women's responsibilities

 - Sexual harassment vs. just plain awkwardness and the female duty to firmly draw lines for and protect herself

 - The absolute necessity of taking men seriously and respecting them

 - The reality of male victims of various kinds of abuse and the necessity of taking that as seriously as abuse of a female

 - What is power (in the realm of gender)?

 - Is sex a human necessity or just a human desire? If it's just a desire, why do we treat it like a necessity?

 - The loss of loving platonic relationships in modern society and what that does to people (click here for an excellent article that got me started on that)

 - The loss of platonic relationships in modern society and what that means for homosexual people, specifically gay Christians (see that link)

 - Why is taking people's right to choose so wrong, even when you're forcing them to do the "right thing"?

 - Does the current social climate exacerbate mental health problems? What about it makes them worse?

 - Why does my generation keep giving up on God?

 - Given the way Gen Y and Gen Z are growing up, what is about to happen to the world?


I'm down to debate and discuss and change my mind and become enlightened about any of this stuff at any time.

You may see a post or two about some of these things specifically coming your way soon, but for now, I want to learn before I make a more solid opinion ^_^

Hit me up! Let's figure this stuff out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...