Skip to main content

Because you were curious

-How are you?

-I am well, thanks.

Once you start to say goodbye to things, you get past a certain point and all the goodbyes get easier. You are just anxious to cut all the ties and get OUT. I hit that point, I said my goodbyes, Brady nearly made me cry, and I got out of Rexburg. I safely, successfully completed navigation of an airport, by myself, with an absurd amount of luggage. Now I'm at my cousins' house. 

It's been fun. The weird thing is that it feels like a dream--college feels like a dream, but so does this. And I had withdrawals from my student ward yesterday. 
Meh.

But it's okay. I've determined that in order to stay alive over the coming months, I've got to have some ideas/goals/areas for improvement in mind.
So. I'm planning to...
-Study. I feel like I didn't get the education I really wanted while at school, so I'm going to see if I can get it at home. I've obviously got to figure out some way to get what I want/need; seeing if self-education is possible for me sounds like a pretty good start.

-Piano. One of the things that depressed me most when I went to school is how my fingers eventually started feeling fail-tastic. I need to take piano again and get good.

-Voice. Yes. Please. I want to take voice, really really bad. 

-Language. I'm thinking Spanish, but if I get my mission call and I have to learn, like, Tagalog, I'm obviously going to start on that ASAP. 

-Dance. I don't really know... if/where I'm going to be able to find dance lessons... but I really want to. I want to be incredible out on the dance floor. Mueheheh.

-Take Care of Myself. I want to eat really healthy (smoothies, meat sandwiches, rice, pasta, fruit, veggies, hummus [merher Mandy :D] yogurt... healthy stuff. Healthy healthy stuff. Less sugar, less processed stuff, less packaged junk, etc.) and I want to exercise. I want to get fit. I'd just like to feel strong and healthy and know I'm taking care of my body from the inside out. 

-Work. This isn't something I'm exactly dying to do, but it's necessary, sooo...

-Last but not least, Prepare for mission!! Because I haven't been preparing as I should, and although I know nothing can adequately prepare me really, I should do everything I can.

-In less-productive realms, I'd like to watch a season or two of some popular shows. (you're laughing at me, right at this moment. Stop it, ok? xD) i.e. Dr. Who, Psych, Sherlock... Those are pretty much it. I have a feeling Once upon a Time or Supernatural would pretty much eat my life (as if the others won't. Hah.)


It won't be too bad. Hopefully also I'll be able to find some friends to go adventuring with on at least a semi-regular basis. And I'd also like to take a road trip to see the Kids. We'll see. 

It'll be okay. I hope it'll be really great. We'll see. Here goes.

#LifeAtHome

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderers in a Strange Land

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C.S. Lewis   Recently, it hit me in a totally new way, and has continued to do so, that we as human beings really are other-worldly creatures. We are not made for this world. We are wanderers in a strange land, poor wayfaring strangers here. We're equipped for this world, but it's not our natural habitat. What makes me think this? There are many things that have brought me to this conclusion. Let me list a few. Desires which nothing in this world can satisfy. There are so many of these, are there not? We hate goodbyes, whether that goodbye is temporary or long-term; we want to be with our friends and loved ones forever. We also want friendships that go so much deeper than is humanly possible. I don't know if I can describe this desire, but hopefully you've felt it and you know what I'm talking about. We want to...

This is for You

My dear friend, I'm about to tell you something important, something true. Something I know from the bottom of my heart. it is not a painful truth, it's a happy, awesome one. It will make your life better when you know it, too.  But you are not going to believe me. You have self-conditioned to disbelieve what it is I am going to tell you. It's not that it would be painful to accept. It would, in fact, be wonderful. You don't accept it because you can't see it. But faith is believing in things we can't see. So I am asking you to suspend your disbelief for a minute and be willing to believe what I am about to tell you, because I KNOW it's true. And here it is. You... are beautiful. I'm serious. You have no idea. Girl, you're amazing! I know you can't see it in yourself, but even the most drop-dead, unbelievably beautiful people can't see it in themselves. And I'm telling you, you are so beautiful! Don't you dare disbelieve me! ;)...

The Path

I feel like one of those characters at the end of an epic movie who finishes their quest in the exact same place as it started. The place looks the same, and so do other people, but they know they will never be the same. They cannot be.  The girl stands, looking up at the place where it all began, knowing she is not the same. She takes a deep breath. Runs her fingers through her hair. Sighs. But instead of end credits rolling, she turns around and realizes there's a path before her feet. It's foggy and twisty, but it's a path . She doesn't know where it goes. She takes one last look over her shoulder at all that she can see of her previous adventure. Then she turns and, without looking back, follows the path. She has no choice; she can't go back the way she came. So she goes forward, into the fog. She knows that somewhere along this path, someday, she will come to a place... and look up at it... and go inside... only to come out a different person. And she'll ...